Prevention Specialist (Lead Youth Care Worker) - 2nd Shift (2:30 - 11:00pm) weekend rotation required.
CROSSROAD CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES.
Are you looking to get involved providing direct support and making a difference in the life of a child? Join the Crossroad team, and you will receive the needed training to work with at-risk youth.
- Responding to crisis situations involving emotionally troubled children and teenagers.
- Using well-developed verbal de-escalation techniques in response to the child.
- Utilize physical restraint and/or seclusion only when the child is a direct threat to themselves or others.
- Maintain accurate and timely paperwork.
- Supervising clients.
- Role modeling.
- Teaching life skills.
- Assisting with education and recreation programs.
- Interacting with, caring for, and advocating for children.
Crossroad is a nonprofit organization employing more than 100 full-time and part-time individuals in a variety of positions. Employees invest their skills, expertise, and passion for the challenging and rewarding mission of creating promising futures for emotionally troubled children and their families — whatever it takes.
- Minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent). Highly Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field.
- Highly Prefer background working with at-risk youth or those with behavioral or emotional disorders.
- Prefer one year of experience working with youth in treatment, residential or group home setting.
- Good organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills as well as good written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to be certified in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and provide physical intervention as needed for resident behavior management.
- Must be at least age 21 with a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to submit to background checks and drug screens.
- Weekend availability necessary.
- $13.50 - $15.00 hourly.
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance.
- Vacation & Sick Time.
- 401k match up to 5% of salary.
- Life Insurance.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
- Uniforms provided.
- Meals provided when supervising children.
- Hiring bonus after 90 days.