Habilitation Specialist for treatment center providing community-based services for children and families. Habilitation services are conducted face-to-face (or remotely if necessary) to address the needs of the client and family. The goals of the position are to enhance participant functioning, life, and social skills; prevent or reduce substance use/abuse; increase client competencies and build child and family’s strengths and resilience, and positive outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years working with severely emotionally disturbed youth.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress related to working with clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of all appropriate information.
- Must be 21 years of age & have a valid driver’s license and daily availability of a personal automobile.
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance.
- Vacation & Sick Time.
- 401k match up to 5% of salary.
- Life Insurance.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Hiring bonus.