Crossroad Child & Family Services
1825 Beacon St, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, USA
Job Position: Prevention Specialist/Lead Youth Care Worker (Full Time Position)
- Crossroad is a nonprofit organization employing more than 100 full-time and part-time individuals in a variety of positions.
- Employees invest their skills, expertise, and passion for the challenging and rewarding mission of creating promising futures for emotionally troubled children and their families — whatever it takes.
CROSSROAD CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES.
- Are you looking to get involved providing direct support and making a difference in the life of a child?
- Join the Crossroad team, and you will receive the needed training to work with at-risk youth.
- Prevention Specialist (Lead Youth Care Worker) - 2nd Shift (2:30 - 11:00pm) working weekend rotation required.
- Responding to crisis situations involving emotionally troubled children and teenagers.
- Using well-developed verbal de-escalation techniques in response to the child.
- Utilize physical restraint and/or seclusion only when the child is a direct threat to themselves or others.
- Maintain accurate and timely paperwork.
- Supervising clients.
- Role modeling.
- Teaching life skills.
- Assisting with education and recreation programs.
- Interacting with, caring for, and advocating for children.
- Minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent). Highly Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field.
- Highly Prefer background working with at-risk youth or those with behavioral or emotional disorders.
- Prefer one year of experience working with youth in treatment, residential or group home setting.
- Good organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills as well as good written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to be certified in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and provide physical intervention as needed for resident behavior management.
- Must be at least age 21 with a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to submit to background checks and drug screens.
- Weekend availability necessary.
- $13.50 - $15.00 hourly.
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance.
- Vacation & Sick Time.
- 401k match up to 5% of salary.
- Life Insurance.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
- Uniforms provided.
- Meals provided when supervising children.
- Hiring bonus after 90 days.
About Crossroad Child & Family Services
- Crossroad is a nonprofit treatment provider for emotionally troubled children and their families. Behind that simple description is a long list of therapy, education, and family support services provided both to children who live on our campus and to those we work with in the community. Crossroad's mission is to create promising futures for children in difficult circumstances by providing therapy, education, and family support services.
Additional jobs and information are on our website: Crossroad-fwch.org